So what is it?
What types of intermittent fasting is there?
- The 16/8 Method: daily 8 hour window to eat followed by a 16-hour fast
- The 12/12 Method: daily 12 hour window to eat followed by a 12-hr fast fast
- The 20-Hr Fast (Warrior Diet): 4 hour window to eat followed by a fast for 20 hours
- The 24-Hr Fast: fasting for 24 hours
- The 5:2 Fast: pick two days of the week (not back to back) where you eat only 500-600 during those two days
- The 3-Day Fast: fast for three days not consuming anything except MCT Oil and ketone sources
- Alternate Day Fasting: pick a method and fast every other day
- The 36-Hr Fast: fasting for 3 days straight without any consumption of calories
What are the benefits of intermittent fasting?*
- Boost of Human Growth Hormone (HGH): gives you more energy
- Weight Loss: As a result of the the HGH being optimized, it increases the release of the fat burning hormone norepinephrine (noradrenaline) making it is easier to lose weight since on top of that you’re eating less. So no crazy diets or being self conscious about your calorie intake here.
- Get Physically Stronger: By working out first thing in the morning during your fast, specifically with weight lifting and high intensity interval training, you will boost your hgh even more and gain muscle easier. If you need a mental boost to start working out again, read this.
- Anti-Aging: balances your cortisol, human growth hormone, insulin and other hormones responsible for aging.
- Normalizes Insulin Sensitivity: insulin and weight gain is correlated. As well as testosterone and estrogen levels. However, by fasting and eating meals full of protein, fiber, healthy fats and other antioxidants, it will keep you leveled and energized so there won’t be any drastic dips before or after you eat.
- Regulates Ghrelin Levels: ghrelin is your hunger hormone but eating right and fasting will help curb your hunger.
- Balances Leptin Levels: leptin sends signals to your body from your fat cells to store or burn fat in your system but intermittent allows the fat storage to become more accessible while you fast.
- Lower Triglycerides: by eating herbs (turmeric, basil, oregano, rosemary, cinnamon, etc.) and fasting you can better protect yourself from heart disease.
- Detoxification And Cellular Repair: it gives your body more than enough time to break down food, digest it, get rid of old proteins and rest.
- Gene Expression: The function of your genes embrace intermittent fasting and lower your possibility of disease.